Trading under Level 2 restrictions
We look forward to welcoming you, under level 2 restrictions, in line with Government
regulations. The Centre is operational from 9am – 7pm Monday – Saturday & Public Holidays and 9am – 5pm on Sunday however, stores may have their own specific trading hours and are subject to change - please contact stores directly to confirm their store specific trading hours. More sectors continue to reopen or offer extended services, with the appropriate safety measures in place and ensuring that they adhere to Government regulations:
• The sale of alcohol is permitted, with liquor stores permitted to trade from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday.
• Restaurants can offer deliveries, takeaways and sit-down service - contact restaurants directly to confirm if they offer dine-in service. The on-site sale and consumption of alcohol within licensed restaurants is permitted.
• The Food Court seating is open.
• The trade of tobacco and related products is permitted.
• Hair and beauty salons, barbers, tattoo parlours and laser clinics are permitted to sell products and offer limited treatments and services.Browse our Store Directory >
Centre access & information:
Parking rates as of 1 June
0 – 6 hours: R10.00
6 – 24 hours: R50.00
OPEN PARKING: (2 HOURS FREE)
0 – 2 hours: Free
2 – 6 hours: R10.00
6 – 24 hours: R50.00
1 Hour free: Shop & validate ticket at Pick n Pay
Open entrances: All entrances are open with full access from Hendrik Potgieter & Christian de Wet Road
Lifts and bathrooms: All lifts and bathrooms are operational.
Information Desks: Guest Relations Desk is operational. Staff will remain seated behind a perspex shield and wear personal protective equipment. Gift Card sales are permitted. For general enquiries please contact them on (011) 288 5260.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask upon entry and in the mall at all times
- Practicing physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Practicing protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers.
- One member per household permitted to shop at a time.
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores, queues, lifts and on escalators. Please comply with these rules as directed.
Prior to and during your visit to the Centre, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Plan your parking and entrance access by checking the map and do not linger in the Centre.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Making use of no-touch payment methods, such as Zapper, Snapscan and tap-and-go (check your settings regarding pin requirements).
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources and avoid spreading rumours and fake news.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in the Centre, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations. We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of the Centre, with disinfectants that have the prescribed alcohol content.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in our Centre is still a core focus and remains in place.
- The Centre Management Office is operationally resourced.
- For Centre related enquiries please contact us via email or make use of our social media channels
If you would like to report any incidents that have taken place at the Centre, please contact (011) 288 5260 or firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.